Blood Potency 2 – 20 points
Blood Potency 3 – 30 points
Blood Potency 4 – 40 points
|Action or Event||Points Gained||Maximum Number of Times |
Blood Potency 2
|Maximum Number of Times |
Blood Potency 3
|Maximum Number of Times |
Blood Potency 4
|Earned 100 XP *||3||3||4||5|
|Drank Vitae of Blood Potency 1 above current **||1||3||5||7|
|Drank Vitae of Blood Potency 2 above current **||3||3||4||5|
|Drank blood of a different type of supernatural creature||2||2||2||2|
|Drain a human completely by choice, without the aid of frenzy||1||2||3||4|
|Raise Discipline to 5 ***||2||3||4||4|
|Passing 5 Frenzy Checks ****||1||3||4||5|
|Failing or Riding the Wave on 3 Frenzy Checks ****||2||3||4||5|
|Successful Diablerie which did not result in a blood potency increase||4||1||1||2|
|Successfully resisting and breaking a full blood bond *****||3||1||1||1|
|Take and heal damage totalling at least 75% of total HP ******||2||3||4||5|
|Suffering the ill-effects of Clan Bane or Clan Compulsion 5 times *******||1||3||3||4|
* Earned XP is counted since the last time Blood Potency was bought, rounded to the 100. For example, if Blood Potency is bought on 380XP, the 80XP will still count towards Blood Potency 3.
** Vitae must be taken from another PC or ST controlled character to count. PC controlled Mawali cannot feed them vitae. Vitae only counts for it’s natural potency. Vitae temporarily intensified by Blood of Potency or any other means does not add anything in this regard.
*** For Discipline levels, only items used towards the purchase of a Blood Potency increase are considered to be spent. For example, if Blood Potency 2 is bought using 3 Disciplines at level 5 but the character had 5, the remaining 2 can count towards Blood Potency 3.
**** The frenzy checks and damage must be from a meaningful, intense situation that the character is not using for another mechanical benefit. Only one frenzy check of the night counts, multiple frenzies in the same night do not unless ST called for.
• If a character must provoke a hunger frenzy to earn a lore sheet, those frenzies cannot be counted
• If the character stays up late to put their hand in the sun just to farm frenzy checks, those frenzies cannot be counted
• If the character looks too closely at their fireplace “by accident”, those frenzies cannot be counted
• If the character is in a combat scenario, reach hunger 4 and frenzy from the smell of blood, that frenzy can be counted
• If the character is subjecting themselves to physical threat and it results in a frenzy check, that frenzy can be counted
***** Blood bonds do not count if the regnant does not attempt to use and hold the blood bond. It requires active resistance and attempts to break free. Simply making a blood bond with another PC and then going seperate ways until it wears off will not be accepted towards a blood potency increase.
****** 75% of health entails the entire tracker. You may not chip away at this and this damage should be taken in one entire night or spanning multiple nights where a threat is being actively held to this character and they do not have the ability to safely heal and feed. Example; if you have 6 health boxes you must fill 6 superficial and then convert at least 3 of those boxes into aggravated. The entire tracker should be filled with some type of damage, taking 3 aggravated only wouldn’t qualify, they need to be properly hurt and suffering impairments.
******* Clan Bane of Clan Compulsion can only be counted if the character suffers negative effects, such as damage or a penalty to rolls made.