Regarding all Disciplines
Purchasing the next level of a Discipline requires the correlating resonance to be drank by the character. For level 4 and 5 of disciplines it must be a temperament of intense or higher. In the cases of Animalism or Protean ask the ST to hunt a large predator, and in the case of Oblivion you must feed from a human which you may for an ST to aid you.
Learning outside of clan disciplines which are signature to clans (Oblivion (Lasombra and Hecata), Tzimisce Amalgams, Salubri Amalgams and Ravnos Amalgams) require a teacher to show/explain to the character how to use it, once they have done that and have the resonance required they can purchase it.
Those who have already bought the discipline don’t need to worry to learn how to use it, they are grandfathered in.
For Clarity, it is a scene where one teaches the other by showing or explaining, there is no rolls needed to promote natural RP progression.
• Lasombra Oblivion – “This here’s the Abyss. Do this stuff to get spooky shadows.”
• Hecata Oblivion – “This is how to work with dead stuff. Fun!”
• Salubri Amalgams – “You know how you can heal yourself and you’re tough? You can also do that to other people. Cool right? Also, eat souls.”
• Tzimisce Amalgams – “Flesh can be malleable like this. It works on other people. Get creative, but no furniture. Human leather is terrible quality.”
• Ravnos Amalgams – “Illusions man, they are really great. This is why.”
• Malkavian Dementation “Yeah so this is how you affect the mind with just your voice.”
• Ministry Eyes of the Serpent “Yeah the force of personality and bestial intimidation in a glance freezes people like so.”
• Nosferatu/Ravnos Unliving Hive “yeah so just open up your skin folds and that is how you can ghoul and store so many bees between your ribs”
Note : This does not include Ceremonies/Rituals/Formula from the Hecata, Tremere or Thin-bloods
Notes for Oblivion
- Vampires who are, or who drank from, a Hecata must have a teacher to open the skill tree if they desire to learn Lasombra Oblivion instead; and vice verse.
- Blood bags teach up to level 3, after that they need a living person. They can either get lucky on a roll (Check out how to get resonance for what this means), or contact the ST for a scene and you will be given rolls to obtain it.
- When consumed directly from a living person, fresh from the vein, Oblivion ‘resonance’ counts as Intense for the purposes of temperament and allows a +1 die on relevant rolls. However, a PC cannot have Oblivion as one of their chosen herd resonances.