When Submitting an Active Sabbat Character…
We will be functioning with the Sabbat solely as described in the v5 book. No v20 lore nor mechanics will apply here. In v5, the actions of the Sabbat overall are very “cloak and dagger,” being mostly low-key stuff as opposed to major actions. Major plots like, for example, full-scale Sabbat attacks, will only be presented on server in the form of ST-led and supervised campaigns; as we did in the previous Metaplot. These are currently all SPCs destined to die; PC Sabbat characters will not be used/included as active antagonists in any of these ST-led plots.
- You must own Vampire: The Masquerade Sabbat: The Black Hand in order to play an active Sabbat character.
- They cannot be your first character on server, you may only have one Sabbat character and they must be either a fledgling or neonate. They cannot be ancillae, creating an ancillae to then turn them towards the Sabbat is against the spirit of the rules.
- Before submitting a sheet, you will be required to take a Sabbat questionnaire. This must be completed and reviewed by staff; in it will be detailed both the way you intend to play the Sabbat character but also the specifics of how v5 Sabbat do and do not function. After passing, the sheet will be submitted for standard review.
- v5’s Humanity system is still in use for all PCs. Sabbat characters may still use the Paths as flavor and as characterization points, but any and all stains to humanity will still be dictated solely by Chronicle Tenets and Convictions. There is no mitigation or allowance when it comes to stains solely due to a character being Sabbat, other than as mediated by the mechanics of the Humanity system as usual – if Convictions are taken which are similar to the tenets of a Path, for example.
- The character’s Path must be declared on the sheet itself.
- The sheet must be relatively clean, showing you understand the mechanics and way inwhich v5 works, as this is an incredibly dangerous sect to play.
- We reserve the right to reject any Sabbat concept or character that will not mesh well with the Sabbat in Seattle or the Domain itself. (For example, those whose entire purpose is to breach and cause chaos for others not involved by raising the SI tracker.)
- The Sabbat are being added in due to player interest, however, should the characters become too disruptive or abusive towards the spirit of the chronicle and rules… The option may be removed. Respect your fellow players.
When Playing an Active Sabbat Character…
-All rules related to destruction of server settings and active, open communication and consent gathering between PCs do still apply. Server settings may not be destroyed or otherwise significantly impacted/altered by PC behaviors. All Sabbat players must inform their RP partners that their characters are in fact Sabbat, and provide warnings as to intended types of behavior and plots; they must obtain the consent of other players before engaging on those plots. Any and all PvP, be it social combat or physical, must be overseen by STs.
–All embraces must be of PCs. There will be no shovelhead NPCs created by Sabbat PCs. Embraces of PC characters are possible if people choose to create a character sired by one of the Sabbat PCs, but all normal attendant stains for embrace/blood bonding will apply. (Blood bond, +1 stain; Embrace, +2 stains)
– The Sabbat is not a fully recognized faction on the server. In effect, any Sabbat on server are Autarkis who have a Sabbat mindset; there is no organized leadership or faction structure and no PCs can or will hold any official power over any others. If packs form, these are effectively equivalent to coteries and can be organized as players choose with full consent from all involved. Packs would be formed due to a similarity in Path; your character is not required to join any existing coterie/pack but could form or join a new one. A ‘pack priest’ type role will serve only as a coterie head and does not/will not confer faction status or any actual power over PCs.
– Vaulderie. Only ex/Sabbat characters know how this is done, if the character has no Sabbat background and is running this, they must have been taught by an ex/Sabbat member. This is a process that requires the blood of 3+ PCs and must be done till a 3rd step bond (sips on 3 different nights) takes place in order to wash away prior bonds. Upon the third step bond, any pre-existing bonds are eradicated. Any bonding merits/flaws do factor in here. In order to bond someone their blood must be in the mixture, unless it is their sire’s blood in the mix. You cannot “drug” other kindred with this method.
We must stress this strongly: If anyone in this city (factions-wise) catches wind of the Sabbat being active and planning actions against the factions or against PCs, the Sabbat characters involved will die. None of the local factions will tolerate the Sabbat. While some factions may be anti-Cam, they are still not going to turn Sabbat. We don’t want PC deaths, but if care is not taken, consequences up to and including final death are very possible for Sabbat characters. Be aware that the current Metaplot allows Sabbat to be killed or diablerized on sight with hard evidence, and this policy has not changed, given the recent memorial from the finale campaign.