- Clan Bane Variants
- Thin-blood Alchemy
- Predator Types
- New Merits and Flaws
- Resources Clarification
- Business Establishment (••) or (•••)
- Furcus (• - •••)
- Machine Shop (•+)
- Shared (•) or (••)
- City Secrets
- Famous Face (•)
- Ingénue (•)
- Remarkable Feature (•)
- Stench (•)
- Transparent (•)
- Vessel Recognition (•)
- Vein Tapper (•)
- Luck of the Devil (••••)
- Nuit Mode (••)
- Starving Decay (••)
- Twice Cursed (••)
- Check the Trunk (•)
- Side Hustler(••)
- Tempered Will (•••)
- Untouchable (•••••)
- Knowledge Hungry (•)
- Prestation Debts (•)
- Risk-Taker (•)
- Caitiff Merits
- Caitiff Flaws
- Thin-blood Merits
- Thin-blood Flaws
- Coterie Advantages
- Coterie Flaws
- Coterie Clan Merits
We will interpret rules based on the primary page a rule appears on and not the summary in the Appendices. For example Death Proof is not available and the wording for Favored Blood there is not how we handle the merit.
Clan Bane Variants
Normally chronicles are suggested to pick one for every member of the Clan; however, due to the variety of characters here and how some Banes will work better for one but not the other, we are allowing both variations of the Banes to be used. Below are some additional notes about each Bane, and at the end of this announcement, we will have an explanation of how to make any and all changes to the sheets.
Approved with no changes: Gangrel, Lasombra, Malkavian, Ministry, Salubri (this Bane still retains the bleeding third eye as per clarifications from WoD), Tzimisce
• Banu Haqim – They cannot take Invigorating Vitae. Retainers being fed Blood from the Banu will take 1 Agg health but only for 7 real-time days once being fed; during these 7 days they are not able to be used in-game as they must heal.
• Brujah – Brujah players are required to inform other parties when making asks regarding the outcome of Messy Critical; they are expected to also ping the players in the ask and gather their consent in the possible outcome. Brujah who uses this Bane to be unpleasant or hostile to players OOC will have this Bane removed. We have extended this Bane to affect not only the Brujah’s target but also their environment, personal self or other thematic effects. (This Bane doesn’t work in combat, as per clarifications from WoD) This does not activate on anything that is not a Skill Check, so Discipline rolls or Attribute + Attribute rolls such as Composure + Resolve will not activate it.
• Hecata – If the Flaws from the Bane are removed, removal must be maintained either through RP or rolls done to keep them from resurfacing. This maintenance should be semi-regular; we are not going to set a requirement but ask that players with this Bane keep it in mind. If not, the Flaws will reappear. Examples of this could be maintaining Haven; ensuring their finances are straight or showing up to work to keep Resources going; current or possible Retainers being treated well enough to prevent them turning on the Hecata.
• Ministry – BoL must be done in the same scene (before leaving the area). It does not say slake, meaning it can be done at Hunger 1 as long as there is fresh blood in the system. Blood Bags do not work for this.
• Nosferatu – The Infestation comes to the location the Nosferatu is in, not to the Nosferatu themself. Hunting from the Infestation is Difficulty 4, with the pool suffering a penalty equal to the Bane Severity + 2. All Factional Kindred locations have protections against these vermin except for the Pioneers who already do not allow Nosferatu. Unliving Hive and the Infestation must be two different species/types of animal. Rolls that involve Int or Resolve take the concentration penalty. Social tests are also affected except for Intimidation, Streetwise, or Nosferatu to Nosferatu interactions; all of these are still up to ST discretion, so make an ask.
• Ravnos (Homebrew Version, we do not use the RAW variant) Seven for a Secret – The Ravnos vitae thrives on secrecy, illusion, and misdirection. When their secrets are exposed, so too are their vulnerabilities. Whenever anyone learns a secret kept by the Ravnos, they gain power over them; this secret could be as minor as a cherished hobby they find embarrassing enough to hide or as dangerous as the identity of one of their Touchstones, and anything in between. The secret must be relevant to their current life, and insignificant or outdated secrets, such as the name of an Ancilla’s childhood pet, a mask from lifetimes ago, or a long-forgotten favorite ice cream flavor, do not apply. If the Ravnos is confronted to their face with evidence or knowledge of the discovered secret, they suffer a penalty equal to their bane severity to resist supernatural powers used by their secret-wielding opponent, while the opponent receives an equal bonus to resisting the Ravnos’ Discipline powers for the remainder of the session. Any given secret can only be used against the Ravnos by the same individual three times before the impact is lost; of course, depending on the nature of the secret, those who know it may be able to cause trouble for the Ravnos in other ways.
• Toreador – This only applies on potentially lethal feeds or any feeds where Health damage is taken. Refer to the Feeding Chart (VTM: Corebook, page 212)
• Tremere – Thin-bloods cannot take this.
• Ventrue – Only available to 12th gen and up. Lowering Generation in-game will lead to the Bane swapping to the other one unless the character has Twice Cursed. They pay for the Scene/duration of the fight. Ventrue cannot use this Bane to suss out if someone is of a lower Generation; instead, they do not know why it seems to be happening if they know at all.
Disciplines will be listed by approved first, and those approved with tweaks separate. Cult requirements and other rules (including clan-specific locks) that predate this book’s release are still in play. Here are the original power restrictions.
Ancestral Dominion – Mithras
Slavish Devotion – Mithras
Mental Maze – Church of Set
Douse the Fear (Dampen the fear) – Church of Caine
Fire in the Blood – Church of Caine
Antebrachia Igium (Creatio Ignis) – Church of Caine
Approved: Animal Messenger’s Command, Plague of Beasts, Sway the Flock
• Animal Messenger – We will assign Streetwise values to the Famulus animals as they come in. Please make an ask; once decided, these values will be put on the website.
• Coax the Bestial Temper – Presence won’t stack.
Approved: Panacea (Renamed Obeah), Fatal Flaw (Be aware of Oblivion rules of rolling a 1 and 10 since it’s an Amalgam and takes properties of both Disciplines).
• Reveal Temperament – Diff 4 to locate a Resonance. Once Diff is met, roll a random Resonance, then they can roll to hunt should they wish to. If used against another Kindred, it shows Resonance as if mortal and will not confirm if they are Kindred or not; Resonance shown will be the kindred’s most recent feed. This will not reveal Predator Type directly but instead the methods they last used when hunting a mortal, which characters can then use to make inferences. This will not show anything from Farmer or Blood Leech type hunts as they are not from mortals.
Approved: Weaving, Unseen Strike
• Rush Job – Can do 2 Rapid Reflexes Minor Actions in conjunction.
• Blurred Momentum – Can be used reflexively.
Approved: Implant Suggestion
• Slavish Devotion – Amalgam was changed to Fortitude
• Ancestral Dominion – This now requires Mesmerize
Approved: Earth’s Perseverance, Invigorating Vitae (Banu with Bane Variant cannot take this), Valeren (Changed from level 2 to 3), Gorgon’s Scales
Approved: Mental Maze, Mind Masque
• Chimerstry (Can be used in combat once per target)
• Fata Morgana (Frenzy tests from hallucinations are made at 1 Diff lower than the real thing)
Approved: Wrecker, Crash Down, Subtle Hammer
• Relentless Grasp – This cannot be used to climb, can be used with Arms of Ahriman.
Approved: Melpominee, Suffuse the Edifice
• Thrown Voice: The Duration of one scene is determined by those interacting with this power, unrelated to the user’s scene. This power will last as long as the shortest duration power is used in conjunction with it; for example, Dread Gaze only activates once, then it ends.
• The Binding Fetter: Difficulty to find is 3, Wits + Oblivion was added as a search pool. The -2 Penalty to Wits/Dex does not affect the searching roll.
• Oblivion’s Sight: It is not a breach unless activated in front of mortals. Cannot be turned off willingly due to Duration (one scene). Two dice penalty when interacting with mortals and now the eye fully turns black.
• Arms of Ahriman: Health for Arms removed, the resistance pool for Arms grappling is no longer a Mental pool but a Physical one.
• Fatal Prediction: Make an ask when using this power. Duration of “24 hours” is one IRL week on server. This is a replacement to Fatal Precognition, but we will allow both in play and can replace the pre-req for Death Rattle. If the target does die, the character will take the stains from the kills.
• Where the Veil Thins: Renamed from Shroud, now uses Int + Oblivion instead of Wits.
• Aura of Decay: All social pools take a penalty, inflict 2 Superficial to those who eat the food.
• Passion Feast: The Hunger does not return the following night.
• Shadow Servant: On server, this is a Potence 1 Amalgam to keep it in-clan for Lasombra. The duration of the scene is what the shadow watches, then it must return.
• Touch of Oblivion: Must have a grapple before being used. Can give torture Stains.
• Necrotic Plague: Two Stain activation cost removed.
• Skuld Fulfilled: Stamina + Medicine was changed to Stamina + Stamina
• Host Spirit: Can now use Wraith Skills in replacement of their own at ST discretion. Willpower no longer heals when the Wraith leaves.
• Shambling Hordes: Crit doesn’t double the amount raised anymore
• Scour Secrets: Shape the Sanguine will not clean these books nor will anything else, they are stained.
• Blood Aegis: If you already have a rouse check of your own vitae at the ready with Shape the Sanguine Sacrament, then the first rouse is unneeded, but follow-ups may need the rouse.
Blood Sorcery Rituals
Approved: As Fog on Water
• Douse the Fear: This was originally called Dampen the Fear
• Seal the Brand: This cannot be used to hide a thin-blood tattoo, it will always show over anything put on it. If they touch the hot metal they must make a Frenzy test at Difficulty 2, with +1 agg damage if they keep holding onto the metal.
• Calix Secretus: Can only store Blood once in an object till it’s empty again. Don’t try to make infinite Blood stores and don’t be cheesy. We are testing this one currently, if it becomes too cheesey we will add a limiter
• Soporific Touch: Ishtar’s Touch was renamed.
• Fire in the Blood: Can only be used once on a victim per night.
• Feast of Ashes: The pool is made of remaining Willpower, and can only be cast on the same victim once per night.
• Guide Memory: Make an ask to use this.
• Invisible Chains of Binding: Approved but don’t be cheesy. Someone frozen by the chains has the ability to reroll to break free once per hour against the initial user’s roll. People frozen can use Disciplines that do not require big movements.
• Antebrachia Ignium: This is Creatio Ignis
• Dominion: Don’t forget this will affect coterie mates
Approved: Mercurian Tongue, Plug-in, Mandagloire, Tank
• Friends List: Requires an ask and full consent/communication between parties.
• Rumor: If players want to determine it’s happening, then they roll Wits + Insight/Awareness against the number of successes the alchemist had except in off-the-wall cases where something is very clearly wrong.
• Short Circuit: Plug-in is a Pre-req
• Toxic Personality: Holds for 7 real-time days for Athanor.
• Flowering Amaranth: Yes, the victim dies. If they fail, Thin-bloods lose Humanity as per Diablerie rules and can lose their own body/bodies.
• Moment of Clarity: Changing the ingredient of meaningful text to be one of the Alchemist’s formulae notes. This means they will need to redo the research to be able to complete the alchemy again, although the approach doesn’t need to change; it cannot be done on the same night as the destruction. The formulae will be selected by ST at random or thematically, you may make a suggestion but shouldn’t be something they never use. There is no bonus on 6+ Distillations rolls.
When writing this PT, you must use CW: Grim Reaper Hunting and spoiler the roleplay with || bars on each side. Diseases the victim has or the reason for the stay should not be a part of the post, as for comfort of other users. Please be mindful when writing a character feeding in this style.
Disease blood tasting is not used on this server and will not be part of this Predator Type.
Warning: Messy Criticals can easily lead to dangerous feeds or being found; and given the weakened state of the victims, lethal feeds will always very likely kill them.
- Intelligence + Awareness Searching an area quickly to locate a victim.
- Intelligence + Medicine in order to find victims in a hospital/hospice based on their charts.
- Resolve + Awareness Searching an area with a dedication to locate a victim.
- Resolve + Streetwise hitting the streets to find someone on the verge of death.
The Retainer from the PT may start Blood Bonded without losing a Humanity.
- Intelligence + Stealth represents the expert planning of well-trained Retainers.
- Resolve + Stealth using a well-practiced plan and patient waiting
- Charisma + Leadership Inspire your underlings to catch your victims with their best efforts
- Intelligence + Leadership Knowing your underlings best skills and directing them
- Intelligence + Investigation to locate and find a victim no one will notice is gone.
- Stamina + Stealth for long stalking of unaware urban victims.
- Resolve + Investigation finding clues to a viable victim
- Dexterity + Stealth Following your victim unseen for a chance to pounce
- Resolve + Technology To cyberstalk and hunt down prey
- Charisma + Stealth for the victims that enter expecting a fun-filled night.*
- Dexterity + Stealth to feed upon trespassers.*
- Manipulation + Persuasion deceptive advertising or rumors to lure victims in*
- Composure + Persuasion Convince prey to distractingly partake in activities*
*Wits+Awareness+Haven dots is used to navigate the maze of the den itself when a hunt fails, diff equal to 2+level of haven dots.
New Merits and Flaws
Any Merits and Flaws from Companion or elsewhere that were previously considered to be mortal or ghoul specific will now follow the Players Guide rulings; Merits and Flaws with the Sun icon next to them in the book may be taken by Kindred, Ghouls, and Mortals.
Resources can be separate merits and values, if the income is from different sources; these dots don’t stack. For example, a thief has two dots of Resources and then another 1 dot from a daytime job. This does not mean the character has 3 dots of Resources, but merely one 2-dot stream of income and one 1-dot stream.
Fame can be taken in Kindred Circles; however, it cannot come from things that are Status related such as Campaigns. That’s just Status. Kindred Fame cannot be taken at CC.
Business Establishment (••) or (•••)
This is now a requirement for Player Owned Locations, to represent the location’s benefits and its drawbacks.
Furcus (• – •••)
Move your haven or purchase at CC. Each dots adds one die to Ritual or Ceremony dice pools when done at the furcus. This also subtracts one die from Social pools to calm or seduce mortals, while adding one die when interacting with mortal occult groups at the location.
Machine Shop (•+)
This Merit is approved. Given its similarities to our Studio Homebrewed Merit this will be specific for blacksmiths and more mechanical things. Haven: Studio will remain as a fine arts Merit for Havens. As per other related Haven Merits, players will select a spec from their sheet that will receive the bonus. Viable Skills for Machine Shop bonuses are Firearms, Drive (car repairs and similar work come under Drive), Craft (blacksmithing or related skilled trades).
Shared (•) or (••)
Banned at CC, possible Campaign reward.
Famous Face (•)
Approved; not required for characters with famous people as FC. CC or PHG/Vicissitude locked.
Approved, however, the feature isn’t strictly coming from a youthful or childish appearance, doing so breaches the server tenant about children in play and can net a ban. Do not make characters like this for general server comfort. This instead comes from their actions, expressions, and mannerisms. CC or PHG/Vicissitude locked.
Remarkable Feature (•)
Approved. Required to have unique physical traits such as extreme height or unique eye colors. Unique hair color or cut does not qualify. This only works for the first three rolls (including a Social hunting roll if one is made) against someone till it stops working. CC or PHG/Vicissitude locked.
Approved. This smell comes from a supernatural source, never medical, and it shouldn’t be discussed or described as such. Getting too close to someone while Obfuscate is active can and will break it due to the smell, roll Wits/Resolve + Awareness vs Wits + Stealth, with the penalty.
Approved, the character must have 0 dots in Subterfuge to take this.
Vessel Recognition (•)
Approved. To take post-CC, PC must study and feed from mortals who are Herd or Blood Dolls of another vampire in an extended test.
Vein Tapper (•)
Approved. Their hunting style must involve feeding from those who are unaware or unconscious. Remember when feeding from drugged victims to take the penalties from Tainted Blood (VTM: Corebook, page 310). Alleycat surprise attacks or Sandman break-ins/druggings are both valid approaches. Baggers can drink their blood bags but only in private away from others. If they attempt to feed in front of others, regardless of whether those others are mortal or Kindred, they are simply unable to feed. They must be alone.
Luck of the Devil (••••)
May only be taken at CC. It can be used against your character and their related Merits at will; full communication and consent obtained in advance with an ask is required to use it against another player’s character or their Merits. Use at your own risk; this can and will burn Merits fast.
Nuit Mode (••)
CC locked as it is a quirk of the blood. It is lost if they ever reach BP above 1; there is no refund as there is no equivalent exchange.
Starving Decay (••)
Twice Cursed (••)
Approved. Consider how Banes interact and if they are viable given the character’s current build. If they are currently unable to take one of the Banes, they cannot take this Flaw.
Check the Trunk (•)
Approved. To take post-CC you must make an ask.
Approved. To take this post-CC you must make an ask and do an extended test.
Tempered Will (•••)
Approved. Cannot be purchased at CC, but can be earned in-game. It does not work on Amagalm powers where Dominate or Presence is the secondary power.
To earn it in-game:
1) Must be actual hostile situations vs an enemy who means them either physical or social/emotional harm and is an SPC being controlled by an ST;
1.1) If they fail to resist, they must use a WP point (even if this takes them into impaired or Agg status) to resist for a turn, representing learning that resistance;
1.2) If they pass, the roll counts toward buying it
They must have three minimum of these types of encounters to be eligible.
Banned at CC. Possible campaign reward.
Knowledge Hungry (•)
Approved – On a failed roll the character will be affected by their object of study per the Toreador Obsession Compulsion, with pools to take any other action than reading or talking about the object of their focus taking a one die penalty. The effect lasts until they can no longer perceive the object or the scene ends.
Prestation Debts (•)
This is the renamed Living on the Edge Flaw from the Companion.
These are all CC locked.
(••••) Favored Blood
Approved. Standard rules about needing teachers for certain Clan and Cult locked Disciplines still apply.
(••) Mark of Caine
Approved, but not viable with Discipline powers that have Pre-Reqs or for Amalgams unless the Caitiff already has the required powers/levels, does not work with Disciplines that require another to enhance it unless the Caitiff has that power.
(•••) Uncle Fangs
Approved. The thin-bloods are created by the ST.
(••) Befouling Vitae
Approved. Upon killing a character please inform ST. They will come exclusively after the Caitiff and not others.
(••) Clan Curse
(••) Debt Peon
Banned at CC. Unique Caitiff Campaign Flaw should it occur.
(•) Muddled Blood
Approved. The character is still required to obtain the matching Resonance with at least 1 slake taken, then must then feed in the same week either before or after from another Kindred with the desired Discipline and take 1 slake worth. However, the Caitiff is not required to reduce Hunger with vitae. The donor must go up by 1.
(••) Walking Omen
Banned, it will not get used on the server. Possible to see on SPCs.
Banned, it will not get used on the server. Possible to see on SPCs.
Approved, but there is a cool-down of once every two months to activate it through Ask-the-ST unless used as pure flavor. Anything to solve or treat similar to Premonition must go through the ST first.
Approved. Cannot be stacked with Bestial Temper.
Approved. Medical Intervention when the mortal is bleeding out can be attempted. Cannot be taken with Swift Feeder.
Approved, this also hits things such as Disciplines to tell.
In order to pick up these Merits as a Coterie, you need to take a balancing amount of Coterie Flaws. These Flaws are not required to be from the list in Players Guide and can instead be mutual Adversaries or other similar Background Flaws.
Approved. Domain is not a mechanic used here and this does not give them Domain or claim of any area. However, this gives them a bonus to traversing the channel where their mutual haven is located.
Approved. We do not use Domain, but within the channel where their mutual haven is located they may roll a Resonance search roll with a minimum guaranteed fleeting Resonance selected when buying this merit. (Things like Scry the Soul, Reveal Temperament, and Bloodhound are buffed, but not the hunt roll itself)
Banned at coterie creation. Possible campaign reward.
Approved. We do not use Domain on server; this curse would afflict them when not in the channel in which their mutual haven is located.
Approved. However, as we do not use Portillion on the server, this Flaw gives either a -2 penalty to the coterie’s pool to defend against intrusions or a -2 to their Diff for same.
Coterie Clan Merits
Caitiff – Versatile Vitae (••)
Thin-blood – Mortal Heart (••)
Salubri – Restraint (•••)