You can also hunt for other specific resonances, aka deliberately induce the desired emotional state in a vessel. To do so, this will not be a single PT roll as with a normal hunt; your PC must instead complete a full hunting scene by making three rolls at diff 4 or four rolls at diff 3. The nature of these rolls (which Attribute+Skill combination is used, and to what end) will depend on the sort of emotion that being aimed for. Each of the rolls should be made with different pool combinations, and can’t be the same one each time. Use of drugs in resonance inducement rolls will not be approved.
When you desire to write an inducement scene, make an ask with your planned approach for the character, detailing the nature of the rolls and what each would be achieving in the scene as far as furthering the vessel’s emotion would go. This will be reviewed by ST and approved or tweaked as needed.
A Critical on any of the rolls will reduce the amount of rolls by one; and reduces the difficulty of the following roll by one.
Inducement always ensures at least a fleeting resonance. You cannot induce Oblivion Resonances.
Scry the Soul
Scry the Soul is also an option to locate a specific Resonance in a location. To do so, make an ask with the ST and they will give a difficulty to locate it.
Characters with the Bloodhound merit may roll a targeted Resolve + Awareness/Insight at difficulty 4 to find a victim of the desired resonance. You can roll up to a max of 3 times in one scene/location; but on each of those three you must use the reroll function, thus spending willpower each time until a successful roll. If all three rolls in one location are fails, you must move your character to another location to try again.
Once successful, roll the hunting pool as per normal rules. When you roll temperament after the successful hunt, the character is ensured at least fleeting resonance. Bloodhound cannot locate Oblivion Resonance.
The wilds belong to the Garou. The city belongs to the Kindred. A kindred in garou territory without support courts final death. A garou in the city is fair prey for kindred. Either party killing in the other’s respective territory breaks the ceasefire.
Register your interest with the sheriff at Elysium regardless of faction alignment. (Make an ask post to register the interest ooc.) They will reach out to the party/character when a werewolf is sighted within city bounds.
Priority will be given to BP 3 kindred who require werewolf blood for discipline leveling, over BP 2 and BP 1 kindred who may want BP points, to go trophy hunting, or just to poke around in Werewolf territory.
Going up against a werewolf is very dangerous so it is advisable to have a hunting party group or a character very much built for a physical encounter!
When feeding from an acute vessel, the kindred needs to feed from them on the next 2 nights for a total of three consecutive nights of play/RP. There can be other feeds in between the three acute vessel feeds, but in order to tap the dyscrasia in this fashion, the nights must be consecutive. Note: If the character is not awakened/played for a week, this will not remove the chance to tap the dyscrasia, but the risk of death is not removed for the mortal either.
When the dyscrasia is tapped over multiple nights, characters with the appropriate skill in medicine will be able to roll to help stabilize the vessel and reduce their chances of dying from the overfeeding, as normal. Once the maximum non-harmful slake amount (see corebook page 212) is exceeded in the course of tapping the dyscrasia, STs will roll for the vessel to determine whether they survive.
As part of this dyscrasia revision, we are removing the +1XP option from the dyscrasia effect list, and players must now choose between one of the other corebook options, or one of the homebrew options presented below. If a player does not have the corebook then they can only choose from the homebrew options.
Dyscrasia can be used in one of the three following ways. Upon obtaining the dyscrasia on the final tap, please decide which route they will take.
Option 1: The effect lasts until next feed or hunger 5, meaning it can last multiple nights or encounters if rouse checks are lucky. (RAW)
Option 2: The effect lasts for the rest of the night, persisting even through other, lesser emotions if the character chooses to feed again. The acute emotion from the dyscrasia sticks with them until eventually their vitae cools and the dyscrasia fades with sleep. If the player taps another dyscrasia or Oblivion resonance from a human during this time, it will become the new dominant emotion.
Option 3: The effect can be held until overwritten with another dyscrasia, but the effect only lasts for a single scene when tapped as you actively recall that acute emotional resonance when you need it most.
Melancholy (Pick one)
• Guilt-Ridden: When you roll a remorse test on this resonance, you get +2 dice on remorse roll. After which the dyscrasia is spent.
• Recovering Addict: Spend this dyscrasia to automatically heal an aggravated Willpower Damage.
• Reminiscent: +2 dice on any roll to uncover past events.
• Thoughtful Approach: When time is available to plan an approach for an action, you can replace the attribute for any roll with Intelligence or Resolve.
• From the corebook; we use all of them save for Recalling which is a 1 exp bonus to specific disciplines. And to note, we do not use Memoriam mechanics on the server. (pg. 230)
Sanguine (Pick one)
• Sensory Being: Gain +2 to all Awareness or Insight rolls
• Magnetic Aura: When making Charisma-based social rolls, gain the effects of Awe in a friendly crowd, or Entrancement if used on a single individual, as though having a Presence rating of 2. Yes, you can stack awe and/or look merits.
• Infectious Energy: You can teamwork with anybody in your group on any roll, regardless of skills or Dominance compulsion.
• Live, Laugh, Love: You can reroll without the need to burn WP.
• From the corebook; we use all of them save for Stirring which is a 1 exp bonus to specific disciplines. (pg. 230)
Phlegmatic (Pick one)
• Eat to Live, not Live to Eat: Roll all pools as though your hunger was 1 less than it is. At hunger 1, roll 0 hunger dice, hunger 4 roll 3, until hitting hunger 5 whereupon it’s gone.
• Cold Personality: Add +2 dice to pools to resist persuasion, mundane and supernatural.
• Level headed: You may spend the dyscrasia to reroll up to 3 dice on a frenzy test
• Muted Feelings: Half any stains from a personal conviction break rounded down.
• From the corebook; we use all of them save for Reflection which is a 1 exp bonus to specific disciplines. (pg. 230)
Choleric (Pick one)
• Tormentor: Add your blood potency to any Manipulation or intimidation roll.
• Quick to Violence: +1 Damage brawl damage to any enemy and +1 die to Alleycat and extortion hunts.
• Furious Determination: When performing an action towards your ambition or desire, you gain +2 successes but upon success treat the roll as a messy critical
• Green-eyed Monster: Designate a close and friendly PC or SPC as the object of your envy and choose one skill. When rolling a test to mimic this person, you may use their skill dots in place of your own. • From the corebook; we use all of them save for Driving which is a 1 exp bonus to specific disciplines. (pg. 230)