- Vampires who are, or who drank from, a Hecata must have a teacher to open the skill tree if they desire to learn Lasombra Oblivion instead; and vice verse.
- Blood bags teach up to level 3, after that they need a living person. They can either get lucky on a roll (Check out how to get resonance for what this means), or contact the ST for a scene and you will be given rolls to obtain it.
- Corpses do not provide Oblivion ‘resonance.’
- When consumed directly from a living person, fresh from the vein, Oblivion ‘resonance’ counts as Intense for the purposes of temperament and allows a +1 die on relevant rolls. However, a PC cannot have Oblivion as one of their chosen herd resonances. Oblivion Resonance is found when the random Resonance roll returns a Temperament of 1.
- It cannot be scryed for or bloodhounded for as it’s a lack of Resonance entirely rather than negligible; it’s non-distinguishable till tasted.
Hunting for Oblivion Resonance
Oblivion or ’empty’ resonance is unable to be induced, bloodhounded, or found via Scry the Soul. After a successful hunt roll, use the /res command as usual. If the returning temperament is 1 and the character has tasted Oblivion vitae (or has the discipline naturally), they now have the empty resonance.
Blood bags also give the empty resonance required, assuming the character has the ability to consume the bag (Iron Gullet) and has access to Oblivion already. Blood bags only serve to level up Oblivion to level 3. For Oblivion 4 and 5, the resonance must come directly from the veins of a living mortal, either by luck or by pursuing the STed scene below. Any empty resonance given by a living mortal gives the +1 bonus to the discipline.
It is also possible to hunt with ST assistance at the Harborview Medical Centre, seeking empty resonances there. This will include different degrees of difficulty to accomplish and is dangerous. To do so, make an ask post and the STs will run the scene for you.
Learning Oblivion Ceremonies during play requires time spent in study, as follows:
Level 1: 2 IRL days
Level 2: 2 IRL weeks
Level 3: 3 IRL weeks
Level 4: 1 IRL month
Level 5: 1.5 IRL months
The training process will require at least one direct teaching session with a mawla or other individual who already knows the Ceremony in question, after which session notes will be sufficient for subsequent study/training rolls.
What To Roll
The roll for learning the Ceremonies is: Resolve + Occult
Difficulty for Learning Ceremonies is: Ceremony Level + 1